In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is F.F.L. needed for shipping barrels?

TurnsignalJTurnsignalJ Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
I purchased a barrel for a pump shotgun on Gunbroker. When I won the auction, I e-mailed the guy for payment info. He states that he needs a signed copy of an F.F.L. before he can ship. I purchased a barrel, fore-arm and magazine tube, no receiever. Is this guy correct is asking for an F.F.L. ?His reasoning ,...the barrel has a serial number. [This message has been edited by TurnsignalJ (edited 02-27-2002).]

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If a FFL is required than their's a few large retailers (Brownells, Midway etc.) that are in trouble, because they have never asked if I have oneReceivers are a different story, as noted above.
  • Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Refer him to the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide (ATF P5300.4), which states the advice given above. It is available at any dealer, or he can download it from the BATF website.If he still refuses to deliver the barrel, you should report him to GB.Neal
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about shipping a barrel from Canada to the US? I am a US citizen. I am a registered gun owner in Canada (ie. registered in Canada) and I would be shipping to a man in the States who has his FFL.Do I still have to go through the AFT Form #6 baloney (oops, that should read "AFT Form #6 application process)?
    Ken
  • Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Importation of "firearms" and "ammunition" only are subject to US import laws; see ATF P5300.4, page 35. A barrel does not meet that definition.