In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TAURUS

mfvjrmmfvjrm Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
Looking at the quality and their unlimited warrenty, is Taurus a good company? How do their firearms shoot? How are their revolvers compare to other revolvers like smith and wesson and ruger? What about their semi-auto pistols? Are they good? Is their warrenty really unlimited? Their priced are just too good and that is why I have a little red flag. If I were to purchase a firearm it would be a parge framed revolver for hunting. Would that be a good choice in a Taurus? Thanks for all your help!

-Joe

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    is it possible to get pink hand grips for the revolver that I bought the misses 38 caliber 5 shot light weight 2 inch barrel
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello,not finding night or adj.sights for taurus 24/7,help. Thak you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm very happy with my raging bull, and was wondering if other models from taurus are just as well made? I'm lookin at the Tracker?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ANY OPINIONS ABOUT THE TAURUS PT 140 IN 40S&W AND THE TAURUS M425 IN 41 MAG WITH PORTED 4" BARREL?????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just picked up a taurus 111 9mm. Now for my question is that from the factory these take a 10rnd mag, but would these also take any other mags? Like the 92 mags? nI don't care if they don't fit flush.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    someone tell me about the taurus millennium
    40 cal. please.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I need to chase the threads or re-tap the hole for the grip screw on a taurus PT-945. Can somebody tell me what tap I need? Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    taurus was supposed to come out with a single shot in 32H&R magnum as a model m32c or m32c-ss... anybody see one, know anything about this, or any info appreciated....thanks
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I have no problems with any of the Taurus guns. I have owned the Beretta look a like and it functioned flawlessly. They are a fine company.
  • Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive got the PT111 9mm.its an ok gun.The gun kicks like hell,but its a compact so thats to be expected.it took about 250 rnds to get it broke in,only an occasional stovepipe even then.since it has been broken in it has been a flawless shooter,action wise.we reload our 9mm and it had some trouble with some primers,CCI i believe,but it never had a problem with any factory loaded primers.sometimes you just had to pull the trigger twice(with the reloads only).dont pay too much for it and i reccomend buying it,if you start getting up in to high 4's id look at the mini glocks
    SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,NE'ER DO WELL, INSTIGATOR,AND RUSTY WALLACE FAN
  • Options
    turbanturban Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My recent experience with Taurus has been very bad. I bought a PT-145, based primarily on the gun mag hype, and have been very disappointed. On factory loads it was misfiring (smaller depression in primer - no ignition) about 10% of the time. I returned it immediatley for repair. Gun was returned with no notes on what was done and the problem still existed. I've returned it again and after two weeks (the gun's going before the "review board") I can't get an answer on what's wrong or how long. The gun feels very nice and is accurate - when it fires. Don't know if I'll ever feel confident enough to carry it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLYS...ANY ONE HAVE EXPERIENCED WITH TAURUS 425 41 MAG.