In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

beretta 9000

muwapemuwape Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
Anyone have any experience with the new beretta 9000?Thinking of getting one in 40sw.Any opinion pro or con?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know if a Beretta 9000s type d(DAO) can be converted to a DA/SA type f?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi, Has anyone tested or purchased on of these polymer Berettas yet? Whats the scoop?Thanx
  • Options
    thullthull Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one in .40 and have enjoyed it quite a bit so far (6-700 rounds in 3 mo.s). I'm a small-handed lefty, and I chose it over a G23 (almost identical size) mainly for the controls.Here are my cons- 1) I've had some feed failures where the round went into the ramp and stopped. Haven't isolated whether these were due to one of my two mags, the OAL of the ammo, or the gun. A quick pull of the slide rearward has driven these into battery w/ no add'l problems. 2) The front-to-back grip width is a little much but I've become accustomed to it. 3) Unless I'm careful with my grip, the hammer serrations get the web of my strong hand during recoil. Leaves a nice little abrasion.4) Though I really like the operating system, which has loosened up a good bit with use, it's still hard to go from 'fire' to safe without overshooting and dropping the hammer.FWIW, I have a 92FS also and might choose a 9mm due to mag interchangeability, if I had it to do all over again. Esp. given the low cost of 9mm FMJ rounds for practice.The slide rail orientation makes for easy cleaning, compared to a 92FS. And the takedown lever is kinda nifty in that it automatically resets when you re-seat the slide.If you're handling one in a shop, you may notice that the slide release is difficult to use. I've found that that's only the case when there's an empty mag in the well. It's not an issue for chambering a round.The best price I've seen for one is $400 (well, actually $360 for a slightly used 9000D). I wouldn't pay more than $450.
  • Options
    holyshotholyshot Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got one about 3 months ago. Like how it shoots, easy to disassemble for cleaning. The front sight came off after about 400 rnds were shot through it. May just be an isolated case, but maybe something to be aware of.
  • Options
    Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one here for 4 months... and couldn't wait to get rid of it. It shoots well enough, but it felt like a block of wood in my hand. There are those who like the feel of it.... and I would seriously suggest that you feel one before making any decisions.It's my opinion that the Glock 23 feels and shoots better. If you're interested in further suggestions... try a Sig 239 or 229 in .40.christian
  • Options
    Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Additionally, I would agree with thull about the 92. I have the compact on my waist right now and really like it.christian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Appreciate the input.Think I may go with 9mm considering cost of ammo, but otherwise was sold on the design as soon as I saw it. Had a S&W 39-2 that I gave to my brother and I need something to replace it.