In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 597 .22mag Clip Problem

MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
We have sold a ton of these guns and seem to be having the same problem with the plastic clips not feeding the shells correctly. Remington says that they will replace these clips with metal ones if you send them in and they deem them to be defective. I have also heard that the metal clips you get in exchange are terrible. My question is : does anyone know another company that makes clips for these guns. I had a customer tell me that a company makes clips for these and guarantees them. Anyone got some help ?

Comments

• Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply LTS ..... What Im looking for is the answer to the question who cares if its crap or not ?
  • Options
    LightningLightning Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I have read I must be one of the lucky ones. I have a 597M that I have had for about 2 years now. It has performed flawlessly and is very accurate besides. I have put approx. 4000 rounds through it without a jam or a misfire.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 597, crap, hate it, the magazines suck. A trick is not to load the magazine all the way. Its because sometime just a little bump will cause one of the cartridges rims to bump behind the case under it. And when it goes to load that case, it drags the one under it and you get a jam. Main cause, poor engineering of the magazines and folower design. I only load about 5 shot in mine, very carefully making sure the case rims are stacked right, and then hit the back to take up any slack behind the cartridges. Seems to work, that and keeping everything very, very clean.