In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NEED INFO ON GERMAN WALTHER

pat1pat1 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
I HAVE A GERMAN WALTHER PP 32 CAL. PISTOL. WHERE IS A GOOD WEB SITE THAT WOULD TELL ME THE YEAR OF MANUFACTURE BY THE SERIAL NUMBER.....THANKS....

Comments

• Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont know that there is a compiled list. Way too many variations, and too many war-related disruptions.What are the markings on the left-side of the slide?
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MARKINGS ON LEFT SIDE ARE: WAFFENFABRIK WALTHER, ZELLA MEHLIS (THUR). THE BACK STRAP IS MARKED: R.F.V. 19691 W. THE BARREL HAS AN EAGLE STAMPED ON IT. THE SERIAL NUMBER IS:206565 P
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Late 1930's, possibly as late as 1941. RFV stands for Reichs-Finanz-Verwaltung, which was the Finance Administration for the Nazi's. The gun should have Crown/N proofs, brown grips and either a polished or a rough finish (a reasonable assumption would show the polished guns to be earlier than the milled finish guns).Depending on condition, I have seen these go as high as $1400 (truly mint, high polish, with accessories).
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DR. COULD I SEND YOU A PICTURE OF IT? THE GRIPS ARE BLACK PLASTIC. NO EAGLE'S ON THE GUN ANYWHERE EXCEPT THE BARREL. THANKS.... WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN BUYING IT??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Please do send pics, and yes I might be a buyer.Send pics to: antiquedr@apaxenterprises.com
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Frame should have a Waffen proof mark on the left side, above and to the left of the mag release.Pistols prior to, and into WWII were generally of higher quality. As the war went against Germany, specifications were relaxed to meet both quanity, and reduced labor force.Please also e-mail pics, etc., tojabsao@msn.comThank you.
    Happy Bullet Holes!