In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger 22/45 or another ?

niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
Thanks for the advice on what to buy next. I think I'm going to get one of these. Anyone with experience with these? Is there a different 22 Handgun I should consider?
NIKLASAL@hotmail.com

Comments

• mfvjrmmfvjrm Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A RUGER MARK 2...ACCORDING TO RUGER MANUFACTURED IN 1967... I HAS HAD UPWARDS OF 5000 ROUNDS PUT THROUGH IT BY ME ALONE AND I HAVE ONLY OWNED IT FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS.THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE HAD WITH IT IS THE MAGAZINE WOULD NOT FEED CORRECTLY(SEVERELY WORN OUT. THIS PROBLEM WAS FIXED QUICKLY WITH THE PURCHASE OF A NEW FACTORY MAG. THIS GUN IS STILL AVAILABLE FROM RUGER AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
  • Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have a mkII, 6 7/8 bull barrel.I love it and is one of my favorite guns to shoot. My brother has a browning buck mark and is very good also.
    Remember,"your woman may not find you handsome, But atleast she'll find ya handy". I love that show..............
  • gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've shot the 22/45 and regular MK II. I prefer the grip of the MK II, but don't like the lack of a magazine release button. Both are great guns, as is the aforementioned Buck Mark.-Marcus
  • seanxseanx Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have both a MarkII(6 7/8 bull barrel)and a 22/45 with a four inch(actually it is my wifes)love them both thousands of all sorts of rounds with the mark ii, and a few thousand with the 22/45. No real problems at all. Reassembling a mark ii after cleaning is a bit of a pain in the *