In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus Revolvers

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
I was interested in getting one of these in .38 for concealed carry. Anyone have feedback on these?
NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking to by my first wheel gun in 38 or 357. What do you guys think of Taurus?Thanks,
    cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    how is the quality of taurus revolvers vs SW revolvers? ive heard that the semi autos are no good...wondering about the wheel guns though
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They look good on the taurus website, was just getting opinions if you have had experience with this series or any thoughts. Mainly looking at the Tracker model 627, 66, 608. So far leaning to the trackeer 627.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    They are not top of the line, but they are a GOOD quality gun for the money. If price is the main issue, you'll be satisified with the Taurus. S&W still bakes the best wheel gun on the market, and there are some good prices on used guns. Rossi also makes a GOOD, low price wheel gun.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a new model 608, I would not recommend a taurus for any amount of money. Stick with Smith,Colt, or if money is an issue the Rugers are rock solid and priced right.
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's your reasoning GUNNUT?I was interested in a 617, 2inch 357 titanium. I heard only good things about them, but have no firsthand experience. Do tell!
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • Options
    SmokewagonSmokewagon Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Taurus M450 in 45 Colt and love it. I would go with a Ruger GP100 or Ruger SP101. They are much more stronger than any Smith ever thought about being.
    Stf.Sgt.J.Kysela/Oklahoma City Police Dept. F/A Instructor.
  • Options
    BHliu11BHliu11 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have Model 605 and its not that bad. Its 357/ 38 so you have a choice of ammo that you can shoot. A bit heavier but its good for back up.
  • Options
    Rob3448Rob3448 Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am no expert but i would stay away from any thing made by rossi. I had at one time owned a gun by rossi and found that it was junk.
  • Options
    gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    GOT MY WIFE A 605 S/S NON-PORTED. SHE SHOOTS MOSTLY .38 SPECIALS. SHE LOVES IT. SHE'S SHOT WELL OVER 1,000 ROUNDS ALREADY THRU IT WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. SHE WON'T SHOOT 357'S THOUGH, KINDA ROUGH, SO SHE MADE ME SHOOT OFF THE REST OF THE BOXES (THAT HURTS CAUSE MY HANDS ARE TOO BIG FOR THAT GUN). AT FIRST, I TRIED TO CONVINCE HER TO GET THE RUGER SP101 OR THE S&W MODEL 60, BUT SHE CLAIMS THE TAURUS FELT BETTER IN HER HANDS, SO THAT WAS THAT. AT LEAST I GOT HER TO SHOOT. GD
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    The old Rossi's are junk. The ones made in the last 10 years are pretty good.[This message has been edited by dheffley (edited 02-28-2002).]
  • Options
    mfvjrmmfvjrm Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A TAURUS M425 41 MAGNUM WITH A 4 INCH PORTED BARREL. I THINK IT IS AN EXCELLENT GUN AND WOULD RECCOMMEND IT. I AM EVEN LOOKING INTO BUYING THE SAME MODEL IN 45 LONG COLT. NOT MANY PEOPLE BUY THESE FOR SOME REASON BUT EVERY ONE THAT HAS LOOKED AT IT AND HELD IT AT THE GUN RANGE HAS LIKED IT. I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT EXCEPT HAVING TO DEAL WITH THE MAGNUM RECOIL AS I AM USED TO SHOOTING 9MM, 40 S&W, AND OTHER SMALL HANDGUN CALIBERS. THIS IS MY FIRST MAGNUM WHEEL GUN.IF YOU DO GET A 38 OR 357 PLEASE POST YOUR OPINION ABOUT IT AS I WAS THINKING OF GETTING ONE FOR MY GIRLFRIEND.
  • Options
    Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only two wheel guns I own are Taurus guns. One is the CIA .38 and the other is the 4 inch Tracker in .357. Price wasn't an issue when I bought mine. My friend is a die hard S&W fan (has close to 20 of them), but even he fell in love with the Tracker... you can't help it.Try them out side by side... see which one works for you.christian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the advise guys.
    cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.