In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gunsmithing Question

leadrollerzleadrollerz Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
Can/Will anyone tell me the trick to removing the Mag. release on a EAA-Witness?

Also if I remove a roll pin (ex. Extractor) can I re-use it or does it need to be replaced with a new one?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Walter Decker 6.35mm revolver that I inherited, sans cylinder.I have been on an exhaustive search for a cylinder, or pistol to copy one from. My only find was one offered for $1800(way over book), which was is poor condition, and the owner was not interested in my offer of $300 plus expenses to have one copied from his. My question for any smiths out there is: Could a copy be made from the info contained in the patent, photos of a complete one, and my pistol? I have been obsessed with this pistol since my uncle died, and would like to rescue it from paperweight status. I have a copy of the German patentschrift, and here is a link with a photo and the patent info.http://www.littlegun.be/arme allemande/ancien artisan/a decker walter gb.htm Before I waste anyone else's time, I would like to know if my dream is possible! Thank you for any help given!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Springfield model 940E .410 single shot shotgun. The gun still shoots & functions OK. But the hammer is loose. Except when cocked. When not cocked, you can move it back & forth, and side to side in the channel.
    Before I attempt to disassemble, wondering if anyone has any experience with these? My guess is that the either the hole thru the hammer that the pin fits thru is worn. Or the pin itself. Are these tricky or easy to work on /fix? IE: Should I try myself or pay gunsmith?
  • Options
    PiadeaPiadea Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF you remove the roll pin carefully using a roll pin punch you can probably reuse it. It's best to replace them.
  • Options
    LannyFPLannyFP Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you know how to get the trigger-plunger assembly out? If so, thenon the right side of the release is another hole---Inside that hole is another spring and plunger which will escape when you pull the trigger-plunger assembly straight up and out---unless you cover the hole first. Once you have removed the trigger-bar plunger, push out the mag release to the left. 3 hands--a bucket of patience--no distractions--and a wide vocabulary. GOOD LUCK!! Lanny