In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Show and I need some pricing Help

gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
I am takeing some of my guns to a gunshow this week end. I woulod like to know what a fair market price is for them. I understand it may depend on may things sooooo you best guess would be nice.

1. Spanish FR8 with leather sling. Good wood and no dings on the
metal parts bore excelent.

2. AR 180 with scope mount Made by sterling. Plastic has some
scratches but bore is excelent.

3. Pre Ban M17s BullPup. 28 inches over all length. Bushnell Heads
Up Display HOLO scope. Excellent condition.

4. Glock 32 with a ss match .40 extra barrel 2 13rd drop free mags
and 2 10 rd drop free mags. Excellent condition.

Thanks for all your help.

Comments

• Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    If you send them to me I will evaluate and return in time for the show - NO - All I can tell you , if you do not have a table at the show, you will not get what they are worth from those who do. Might as well knock $100.00-200.00 of the book value and thats what they will offer. (You most likely already know all that - just could not resist).

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • Options
    TED GARTED GAR Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the book values anyhow. Put little for sale signs
    on your barrels. A passerby, will buy it from you. You
    dont have to sell it to a dealer. I sold numerous, guns
    just on my way to the door!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Invest 34.00 in the Blue book of gun values,,

Rate your own guns.
    Price each one accordingly

And like the other post, I dont deal with the dealers set up there, as your stuff to them is junk. You do better with the people walking around looking for deals.

LR
  • Options
    BarrockyBarrocky Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's all junk until they steal it from you, then it magically turns to gold and the price doubles.
  • Options
    rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some help,

The FR8 should go for around $150 plus or minus

The Glock with extra bbl and mags should go for $600, but probably will sell for $500.
  • Options
    FestusHaycreekFestusHaycreek Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Ted Gar. I have sold several guns at shows like he said, I make a cardboard sign, tape it to the barrel or put it on my back and just walk around. It works.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,009 ******
    edited November -1
    I have been on both sides of the table...a lot.

The side to be on if you want to get best money is the INSIDE.

No kidding. Rent a table. Throw a colorful piece of cloth over it.

Display your guns attractively. Make large, easily read price tags for them.

You may also find that you have room to display some other accessories you want to sell. Or, you may have a buddy who will split the table with you.

Just don't do it too many times, or you may require a license.

Sitting still, with people walking by, more people will see your stuff than if you are walking around expecting other people walking around to see you.

You can bring a cooler with your home-packed lunch and drinks and avoid the high price concessions.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd definately have to back Nunn, find a buddy who wants to get rid of some stuff and split a table with him.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Besides which, if you have an exhibitor's badge, you will often get a somewhat better deal from others with tables than the average Joe walking the aisles if you see something you wish to buy for yourself.
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FR8--$150-195

AR180--$800-1200

M17s--$800-1000+

Glock 32--$500-650

Find the right person and you'll get the best price. Best of luck.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,009 ******
    edited November -1
    I made a vow long ago to NEVER attend a gun show as a buyer, only as an exhibitor.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net