In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

22 Hornet Lever Action

Eagle59Eagle59 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
Did (or does)Winchester or Marlin, or anyone for that matter, make a lever action 22 Hornet? If so, does anyone know what one in excellent conditon would be worth? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,975 ******
    edited November -1
    WINCHESTER MADE LOTS OF THEM, BROWNING MAKES THEM NOW... HI AND LOW WALL ACTIONS ALL SINGLE SHOTS. NO REPEATERS IF THATS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I guess I wasn't specific enough; I was hoping that there was a lever action repeater out there some where. I have a friend who recently bought a 243 lever action and I was hoping maybe I could get one in a 22 hornet. Thanks.
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never heard of a lever action repeater in 22 Hornet. You should look for a .218 Bee. They are pretty close and Winchester, Marlin, Browning have all made plenty of them. Both Marlin and Browning have made guns in this chambering in the past 10-15 years. New in the box they've been going between $500-$600. You could find a fired and used recent production Marlin in the $350.00-$425.00 price range if you looked long enough.

Woods

How big a boy are ya?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Woods! That's good news. I will see what's out there. The 318 bee, was a close second choice. We have quite a few gunshows here in Oklahoma and chances are I can find one. Appreciate the response. Dennis.