In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Win. Black Shadow

sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
does anyone know anything about those winchester black shadow rifles?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Need a little imput from those in the know. Have been working on my brothers Win. Black Shadow for a while now. It's hard to put three bullets in the same time zone with this thing. First shot at 100 yards will be in the bull but a 5 shot group will cover 6+ inches. Doesn't stack or slide. Just throws a wild pattern. Have already tried scopes, mounts, floating the barrel, glass bedding, and hand lapping the barrel with 0 results. This is the third Black Shadow I know of that shoots like this, all in 7 MM Mag. Was all set up too change out the barrel but got into a discussion with a part time gunsmith. His opinion was that they may have a receiver that is too thin or weak. If thats the case another barrel isn't going too help. If anyone out there has run into this and figured it out, I sure would like to hear from you. Anyone with any ideas??? I've got enough time and money into this dog to have built a 1000 yard comp rifle. Now it's a challenge....................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Going BTT. Can't be the only one to run into this
    I hope
  • Options
    edited November -1
    O.K. I was wrong. It's not a Black Shadow. Win. built these just for Wal-mart. Going to try a new barrel. If that doesn't work I'll weld the bolt shut and put a big rubber cap on the muzzle----turn it into a fancy CRUTCH......................