In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Help! anyone care to tell this guy ...

jrzyjohnjrzyjohn Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
I bid on this auction and this guy says he will not ship this to me in NJ because he says it's illegal here.
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4042827

Comments

• leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post bad feedback on him for his ignorance. It ticks my buzzer when people do stuff like that. Its like, if you don't understand the laws, don't get into the business.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • ADfreeADfree Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would a sighting system be illegal?
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like he's trying to duck out of the sale.
  • jrzyjohnjrzyjohn Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sent him the url to the state police web site and now he's saying that the auctions aren't his ,that he's running them for a friend.
    Even if the front pistol grip was illegal here(which it's not)what does that have to do with him?
    If I buy a tele stock and don't put it on my post ban bushy there is no crime,right?
    I think he didn't get the highest bid he was looking for and used this as an excuse.
    And he has a thick arab accent ,and they ain't on my good buddy list right now anyway.
    JJ
  • gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    All you really could do is post a neg feedback. With the type of person you are describing, maybe you don't want to give your address in the first place. Who knows what you'll get in the mail. With no feedback and the problem you are already getting, it's not worth it.
    Just post the feedback. GD
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    v35 ... my thoughts exactly! I would expect to pay $125+ for such a set-up.

Reguardless of wheather he is running the auction for a friend or not, HE entered a "Legally Binding Contract" when he accpted your bid. I would post negitive feedback and move on, your not out anything.

=================================
    The only bad thing about choosing a Kimber ...
    ... there are so darn many models to choose from!
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • LIKTOSHOOTLIKTOSHOOT Member Posts: 523 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey ya John....long time no see. What are NJ`s laws on laser sighting devices? Some States have outlawed these devices, it may have nothing to do with the grip, maybe not. Good to see you around, though. LTS
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE source for information about state laws is State Laws and Published Ordinances - Firearms (ATF P5300.5), available from BATF or online at their web site. BATF will not, however, send written opinions interpreting state laws. BATF expects licensees to comply with state laws, but, practically speaking, the constitution makes it impossible for any state to inflict it's laws on any non-resident who is not within the state boundaries.

If a seller refuses to ship an item on the grounds that it would violate the buyer's state law, it is reasonable to ask him to cite the specific reference in ATF P5300.5; if he can't or won't, the buyer should follow the auction site's procedures for reporting posters who fail to follow their rules.

Neal
  • captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Take this problem to ADMINISTRATION...Not for discussion on this Forum...Read the Rules......

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff