In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A.H. Fox questions

mooreguncrazymooreguncrazy Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
I would like some info on an old double barrel that my friend has.It has A.H. Fox written on both sides of the reciever,the address on the top of the barrels is Philadelphia Arms Co. Makers, Phila. Pa-Krupp Fluid.It has the number 56 on the bottom of the rear tang behind the trigger guard, the numbers appear on the bottom of the forearm and on the reciever under the barrels. There is also Pat'd Aug.16,1904 on the reciever.It appers to be 12 guage. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depending on the condition and exact model, you have a potentially very valuable gun. A.H. Fox was located in Philadelphia, PA from 1903-1930, at which time it was purchased and continued from 1930-1988 by Savage. You obviously have an early model, and it should be visually examined by an expert to determine its value. Krupp Fluid refers to a patented formula steel supplied by the German Krupp Corporation.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    If its a FOX sterlingworth, there are many grades for these, anywhere from 400.00 into the thousands, I sold an high grade FOX, fully engraved for 3000.00 to a local collector and he said it was a great deal. Considering I traded a STAG on STAG Marbles hunting knife for it.

LR