In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can I sell my SP89 in CA? continued

badkarmahbadkarmah Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
Saxonpig wrote:
Hold it! I misread your post and thought you had a P89 (Ruger pistol) you were talking about. Really sorry about that. No you cannot sell your rifle in CA to anyone. In fact if it wasn't registered with the state about 10 years ago when they enacted their assault weapon ban it is illegal to even have it at all. I am not sure if it's legal under state law to offerit for auction to out of state buyers as they put many restrictions on these.

Trying to sell my HK sp89. I bought from someone about 10 years ago. I live in California. Are you saying I cannot even own it? nor sell it to anyone out of state?
Not sure what you mean by registered as an assault weapon. Yeah, the SP89. is a "sporting pistol" whatever that means, haha says its on the owners guide. But I guess it looks more like a rifle.

Again, what are my options?
Maybe, I'll just sell it on the Black market?

anyone want one?

Comments

• Options
    LIKTOSHOOTLIKTOSHOOT Member Posts: 523 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saxon is right on, here. If you do not have the paperwork, showing registration of this assualt (California`s words) pistol, you are in deep dookie. Since you probably carry a California DL, you may very well have problems carring it across state lines to sell in a legal state...these are pretty high ticket items and even sold to an individual; I for one would ask for identifaction buying this from a private source. This is a perfect example of how many people are unaware of the laws that make them a felon. Simply having this pistol without the registration papers is big trouble AND it cannot now be registered. California, it`s a GREAT STATE.....so I`ve been told. I`ll stay in Texas, thank you! Best LTS
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen; this TOPIC is in its second go round..and it don't seem to be going anywhere...Some good advice was given and now its being questioned...Lets take this Topic to the General Discission Forums where it can be discussed till everyone is Blue in the Face..Do Not Repost this Topic in Ask the Experts......

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff