In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need a price

martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
Benelli nova 12 gauge 3.5 chamber shotgun...I need a price on a fully rifled barrel for this gun..Thanks Wayne

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was looking at a used Beretta 625 with briley choke tubes adn it had a kick-eez pad. The guy told me to make a offer. What do you guys think it's worth.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Had a M70 classic sporter with a leupold 4x12 rifleman and leupold mounts damaged beyond repair by UPS . Everything was in 99% condition,gun was walnut/blue Can anyone give me an accurate price for this rig
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. Let's make sure we are talking about the same shotgun.
    A SXS in either 12 or 20 gauge.

2. Is it 12 or 20 gauge --- because it makes a difference??

3. What is the barrel length?????

4. Does it have a single selective trigger (SST)??

5. What overall condition would YOU (not the seller) rate it at???

6. What do you plan to do with it?????

7. When you shoulder it ---- does it settle on the shoulder correctly????? Is all you see -- the front bead -- NO rib????

8. With enough information given --- I will try to at least give you a ballpark figure.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    12 gauge, sst, 28 inch, very good condition I would rate excellent if the pad wasn't added and the choke tubes weren't installed. double bead I don't think it had a rib. shouldered nice. I wanted a nice double barrel.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi martzkj

1. With a shotgun more than any other firearm, it absolutely must fit you like a glove, otherwise you will never be happy with it and no matter what you paid for it --- it will have been too much.

2. If you have picked the wrong shotgun for the intended application, then it will have cost too much no matter what you paid for it. For example if you intented to use this as a coastal marsh hog gun, then this would not be a good choice.

3. Since this one fits you, and you must be intending on upland and small game hunting, - then it is time to proceed to price considerations.

4. Although most people want to "recover" the cost of accessories that they added to their firearms, such accessories were for the "comfort" or "tastes" of that owner. They do not necessairly add any value to the next would be owner.

5. That being said, in the condition you state, I would offer him $750-800 for the shotgun.

Best Regards