In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Contender frame info?

WheelgunWheelgun Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in Ask the Experts
My Contender's S/N is 3565XX. When was it made, and what barrels (if any) won't fit this one?

Thanks,
Mark

orig.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    356xxx I'd put in the 90-95 range, to find out for sure you will need to contact TCA.

Some of these frames have no problems at all w/ any of the barrels, others seem to have problems with the solid locking lug barrels.

I've been collecting Contenders since 1968 and the safest advice I can give you is to just check the barrel to the frame if your thinking of buying an early barrel. I've had frames of the same generation that had a problem for one frame and no problems with other frames.

However, the change out from solid to split is pretty straight forward and you can still get the parts from TC or for a few $$$ more you can send them the barrel.

2470099-S.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!