In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ruger trigger adjustments

firebird66firebird66 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in Ask the Experts
can anyone tell me where to go or how to set the trigger on my 7 mm ruger rifle it is set to hard right now and interested in setting myself thanks

Comments

• Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Assuming you have one of the Model 77 rifles with the factory (not aftermarket) adjustable triggers; the instruction manual that comes with it should set you straight.
    If you don't have the manual; visit www.ruger.com and you can get one there.
    Most triggers nowadays are set a little stiffer to prevent accidental discharges; be sure you can smack the buttstock with your hand without the sear tripping, or you'll have a dangerous condition trying to get worse.

If you know it all; you must have been listening.<br>WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it's one of the newer model 77 MKII rifles there is no adjustment on the stock factory trigger...........[:(]
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    building on the sad but true fact that temblor has brought to light,..if it is a M77 MK II,..then spend yourself $55 and buy the timney trigger for it.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?