In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

saiga sporter 7.62x39

pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
I just picked up a saiga sporter 7.62x39. It is a good shooting little rifle. I would never spend big bucks on assault type rifles. I must say though this one didn't hurt my wallet and my boys have been getting a kick out of it as well. 80 bucks for 1000 rounds shipped to your door makes it ok too. Any opinions on the saiga sporter line. I'm thinking of getting it in .308

Peter M Tacconelli

Comments

• Options
    reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where did you get the ammo for $80 for 1000 rounds shipped to your door?

Roy.gifGuncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • Options
    vpudgevpudge Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, Where did you get the ammo? I am a dealer and I cant get it for that. Saiga is a very nice and cheaper gun, I have sold a few. Looking for a nice saiga 308 with bushnell scope and it is mounted with a K-VAR mount then look at my listing under vpudge.

From Enoch Utah. Small world Roy Utah, I lived in Ogden.

Vpudge
  • Options
    JokerJoker Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't believe that you can go wrong. I have a Saiga .308 in the seprate-handgrip style stock, with the muzzle brake welded on the front, and it has to qualify as the least kicking in terms of recoil, does well out at the local range, also.
  • Options
    beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the Russian 7.62 X 39 Saiga also. Nice firearm. And, yes, the ammo is very cheap. Is you gun one with a 20 inch barrel?? Mine is but I haven't seen any with 20inch barrels lately. Did they quit selling them?
  • Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    The ammo brand is wolf it was on AA(other gun auction site)mine has the 16.3" barrell. I wanted a .223 in 20" brl. and found this 7.62 at Dunhams (last one in stock) in Mt. Pleasant, Mi. They still sell them w/20" But I believe for the price they are selling up pretty quick ,atleast in my area. Oh! the ammo was actually $83 to be exact

Peter M Tacconelli