In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The new SIG PRO 9mm

wideglidewideglide Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
I recently got the new sig pro 9mm....2009, I'm looking for a holster to fit it. Is this the same size as the p229 ???? What holster will fit this gun ?????? THIS IS A GREAT SHOOTING GUN FOR THE MONEY !!!!!!

vj

Comments

• Options
    gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to the Sig catalog, no. The 229 is 7.1" long, 5.4" high & 1.5" wide. The Pro is 7.4, 5.7 & 1.4, respectively. It seems the Pro is between the 226 & 229 size wise. The 226 is 7.7, 5.5 & 1.5 just FYI. Hope this info helps.

-Marcus
  • Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the pro and the 229 have very different profiles so you wont be able to get a boned holster for it but you can get one of those general large frame auto nylon deals

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail alisonandwalt@charter.net
  • Options
    Patriots49Patriots49 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wideglide...I was interested in getting a Sig Pro 2009 myself. What other pistols do you have that you can compare it with. Some say that the pro series is a dog compared to the other sig series, say the 226. Just curious.

"You cannot conquer America." -William Pitt, 1777
  • Options
    wideglidewideglide Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a S&W 669 9mm, and a glock 19 9mm, and I think the sig pro 2009 out shoots them both. This is my first sig, but probably not my last! Like I said, This is a really good gun for the money. I shot about 100 rounds thru it before it loosened up, and think it will shoot even better after it's broke in.

vj