In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SIG vs. HK

SMURPHY9SMURPHY9 Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
Which is the better piece, SIG 239 or HK USP compact?

Comments

• Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 2 models are not really comparable. The P239 is a small frame , single stack mag. The HK is a much larger polymer frame, double stack mag. The P228 would be closer to the HK. I own both[actually all 3 mentioned]. Both are top of the line firearms, and you would be well served by either one.I have a personal preference to Sigs, mainly due to their all metal construction, however HKs are state of the art as well.

Can ya tell I like'em both[8D]

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    My opinion.... SIG's customer service stinks. Had to send a pistol back to them for some work and found them to be very rude and arrogant. If this is what I were to use to buy another pistol, it would not be a SIG. However, in my opinion, they do make the best semi automatic pistol in the world.
  • Options
    3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have a HK USP Compact 45 in stainless steel and carry it everyday. I have put more rounds through that gun than any other handgun I own. Not a single malfunction so far. Great gun!!

The only complaint I've ever had is with the extended base plate on the mags. When the mag drops during a reload and strikes the floor or other solid surface, the base plates become unseated and slide forward just enough to keep the mag from being reseated into the gun.

HK and Sig both have great guns. You would probably be happy with either.

"Have a gun that works every time. All skill is in vein when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have both types. They are both excellent weapons. I'd say whichever fits your grip the best and feels best when pointed.--- Another to consider is the Beretta Cougar. Slightly smaller than the 92/96 models and fits my grip better than the sig or the HK. Also has a rotating bbl that helps dampen recoil.Good weapon and is just as accurate as my Sig or HK when shot side by side......[8D]
  • Options
    hksrulehksrule Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No to sig...Yes to hk. The price difference is minimal and you will appreciate what you get with the hk. On the real...[V]

WordBorn!!
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    I've almost bought the P-239 in Nitron, 40S&W, several times. If I can get one through trade, I will,, but I don't think I'll buy new.

I see the H&K firearms geared more to the professional (security, law enforcement).
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    HK. This is the definative thread on HK:

http://www.hkpro.com/

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • Options
    SilverBoxSilverBox Member Posts: 2,347
    edited November -1
    I normally would have said HK, however recently I've had a problem with the stock mag springs weakening up (took about 18 months of storage fully loaded with maybe 750 rounds fired thru each of the mags during that time period) (it only effects last shot hold open, still functions great otherwise). :(. I ordered some wolff +10% ers.. hopefully they will fix the problem.
  • Options
    kaliforniankalifornian Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an HK USP and my wife as a Sig 229. We each love our gun over the other. I say they are both great guns, but you have to shoot them to see which works best for you. Also, the Sig has no Safety and the HK, does, which could be a plus or a minus, depending on how you view manual safety features.

http://ynot4free.com
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy the H&K if you can afford it and don't look back. Check out the compact versions. I sold all of my sigs.
    Abort Cuomo