In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Norinco M-93

JackiePapersJackiePapers Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
Anybody know anything about this Chinese Colt Woodsman clone? Curious if it might be obtainable in the US...

Danke...

Jack

Comments

• Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    I've heard about them but haven't seen one yet. Found this on the net.

The comrades at Norinco in China are now offering for sale an authentic clone of the wonderful Colt Woodsman 22 plinking pistol - of fond memory. People of my generation grew up on the Woodsman, in both its 6" and 4" versions, but as I see it, plinking in itself was much more a respectable pastime in those dear, dead days gone by. Whenever you went out for a picnic, you took along a plinker, and the Woodsman was perhaps the best plinker of all time. "Plinking" is not target shooting, but casual recreational shooting in the field at improvised targets of opportunity, such as pine cones, worn out golf balls, or overripe fruit. It is an attractive, inexpensive, and socially excellent method of developing the father-son bond. The very idea of this sort of thing would horrify the wimp establishment, both here and abroad. All the more reason to cultivate the practice. So Good on the Comrades! - I guess.
    http://users2.ev1.net/~mkreynolds/jeff/jeff6_4.html
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look up Marstar of Canada for some nice Chinese copies of old US guns
    including the Woodsman.