In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta 92F slide on 92FS

martinicadetmartinicadet Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in Ask the Experts
I was trying to see if a Beretta 92F slide I have would fit on my 92FS. It won't go, am I doing something wrong or is it different? Thanks Don

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    The "S" stands for safety. The "F" slids were breaking and comming off the back and hurting people. It happened with the high round count military guns.
    Look at the big head pin on the frame of the "S" frame and the slot on the slide.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    model_92fs_819.jpg[/URL]

If you look at the rear of a 92FS frame you will see a large round disc. This is a slide retention feature which will capture a broken slide in the event of a failure. The inside rail of a 92FS frame has a corresponding groove cut into it to allow it to ride over the disc while a 92F slide will not have that groove and as a result will not fit an FS frame.
  • Options
    martinicadetmartinicadet Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info
  • Options
    MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't that where the saying "You're not a Navy Seal til you taste Italian steel" came from?
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MPinkston
    Isn't that where the saying "You're not a Navy Seal til you taste Italian steel" came from?

The Berettas are made from aluminum, and the standard issue Navy Seal sidearm is the (German/Swiss design) SIG P226.

But other than those two technicalities, it makes sense!