In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington should get on the ball

gundawggundawg Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in Ask the Experts
They got everybody excited about these with all the magazine articles, but try to find one of the rifles anywhere. There's not a distributor in the country has one, or has had one. They always do this. By the time they get them out on the market, everybody has lost interest in them. Crazy way to do business

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    the 300 short mag rifles.......
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    all companyies products are reviewed and tested before the products are on the market. I have seen this with ruger and winchester and browning as well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes, but it's been about a year since they said they would be producing one. And all the rewiews of these short magnums are relatively positive, people are hungry for them, now.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wanted the 454 super redhawk, the articles were out and the gun was reviewed by everyone, it still took 6-7 months after that to get a call from the warehouse saying they were in. This is standard practice in many business situations, it builds demand for the product and therefore "hypes" it as sales will greatly increase initially due to this pre-release advertising. Nothing more than marketing procedures.
  • Options
    rjpeacockrjpeacock Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hornady also did this with their first progressive press. After trying to buy one for close to a year, I called Hornady and they said there was only 2 in existance, and they were at the SHOT Show. I was so impressed, I bought a Dillon, the first of several. Russ
  • Options
    edited November -1
    good one..I had my heart set on a model 7 300 short mag, but if a Winchester feather weight comes along in 300 WSM, I may just go that route.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Remember Guys THEY NEED US MORE THAN WE NEED THEM, If they want to stay in business, They seem to think we are slaves to them But it's our MONEY, and if remington is on their high horse, Let them starve buy winchester and vise a versa Its like Midway cat sales use to be free shiping, I havent bought any thing from them sence the change.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No manufacturer is going to tool up and / or produce any product in quantity without a clue about market demand, which in this case would be orders from jobbers and wholesalers. Consider the risk of producing several thousand, soon to be obsolete guns firing a non reloadable cartridge that goes out of production because of weak demand.Despite a lot of naysayers ,myself included,there apparently is a healthy demand that was generated by good reviews and favorable publicity. Scarcity will only heighten the appetites of those gun owners that are attracted by this gun.
  • Options
    25-0625-06 Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gundawg, if you want a Winchester, I have a M70 Classic Laminate 300 WSM, it has the brown-tan laminated stock, all blue barrel and reciever, NIB, with two boxes of W-W factory ammo. If interested e-mail me at jmothes@pld.com
  • Options
    SSG ZAGSSG ZAG Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Read the .17 Hornady entry a couple of lines up. Same shi*.