In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need jungle carbine help....

jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in Ask the Experts
how do you remove the front sight, bayonet lug and flash hider assembly from an enfield jungle carbine. i have a new one and must remove the existing one but not sure how.

Comments

• Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i removed one once & damn near ruined the bbl. doing it.they seem to be shrunk on and i do mean tight!lots of heat & a good vise.mine galled & i ended up cutting it off w/thealmightydremel.probably not what you wanted to hear but maybe someone else has had better luck. barto
    the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Try putting the gun in a padded vice with the muzzel pointed down. Then wrap the barrel with wet rags and carefuly heat the suppersor with an accytalen torch (not a propane). Get it hot as fast as you can with out heating the barrel. If you are lucky it will fall off. If not grab it with a pair of pliers and it should come off. If this dont work let it cool slowly and try again. If that dont work carefuly cut it with a dremel or cut off tool. Just make a cut on one side but not all the way thrue. Then use a cold chisel to break it.Install the new one buy heating it and it should drop right on.Good luck And rember to always wear eye protection.