In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Legacy 92 Chambered for the Freedom Arms 454

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
One of my sons came home tonight excited about this newish rifle - lever action '92. He's pretty knowledgeable about lever guns and thinks this one's a winner! He works with a bunch of pretty savy guys at the local range. I'm always open minded and it looks very interesting to me, too!
We both really have liked our ole Marlin .44 Mag. lever action saddle guns and think this one might be our next one. Anyone here met this one up close and personal yet? I found a review (below) and it's kept my attention. Either LC or Casull look good to me!

Any comments?

http://www.gunblast.com/Paco_Legacy_454.htm

Comments

• Options
    Bill CostikBill Costik Member Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What the heck is the FA .454? Freedom Arms chambers some of their revolvers in .454, but it is by no means there own catridge design.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    ... was wondering the same thing.
  • Options
    ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think if you like recoil,you've found the platform for it.:)
    Very handy litle brush/fun guns for sure.I shot some 8 grain unique loads in mine last week and the streel is still ringing...
    NO,wait.That's my ears ringing again.:)
    The Casull loads are waaaaay more fun(?)

(yes,I wear ear plug thingies.)

Throckmorton SASS #23149