In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

454 casull

cody45cody45 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
anyone tell me what the max. range is for this car. in a rifle

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just got a Freedom Arms 454 casull and i am considering mounting a scope on it. Freedom Arms recomend a Leupold or Weaver 2x or 4x? Does anyone have any suggestions for a scope that will stand up to the recoil of the big 454? all the best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    is this a unique case or can they be made from 45 long colt?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had the unfortunate opportunity to fire a Ruger two inch revolver today in .454 Casull caliber. No one will ever have to advise me not to buy one or shoot one again. If you are in the clutches of a Grizzly and pumping a couple of these slugs into him will save your life, go for it. Otherwise firing this gun is pure punishment. Not just the high twisting recoil, but the force against your palm between the thumb and trigger finger is where the pain is. The only 4's I'm into are 45 ACP, long Colt or 44 special. Yes, this gun can be loaded down to 45 Long Colt so it isn't a total loss.
  • Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Cody,

45LC.jpg

454.jpg

See the above case dimensions. Talking Head is correct.

You do know that the 45 Long Colt can be fired from a 454 Casull revolver?

Regards,

Heavyiron

bullitt_county_4199_small.jpg
    "If I don't see you nomore on this world, I'll meet you on the next one, and don't be late!" - Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,400 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Not trying to hi-jack this thread, but since it is about the 454 Casull, I have a few questions.

I have a mid 70s vintage(bought it new when I was about 16) Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Long Colt. Can I have the cylinder rechambered to 454? If not can I get a 454 cylinder made? What kind of $ are we talking about?

Thanks for any advice.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanx for the info to all responding. I forgot to ask-is the brass thicker in the 454 case than the 45 long colt case? also did freedom arms factory chamber for a 22-454 caliber?
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    MT357 !!!!!
    NO YOU CAN NOT USE 454 CASULL AMMO IN YOUR BLACKHAWK
    UNLESS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT IN TINY LITTLE PIECES.

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cody45
    thanx for the info to all responding. I forgot to ask-is the brass thicker in the 454 case than the 45 long colt case? also did freedom arms factory chamber for a 22-454 caliber?

The brass is heavier, and they didn't do a 22/454 to my knowledge.
    NOW THAT WOULD BE A TRIP TO GO ON [:D]

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.