In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

17 hmr

sendero270huntersendero270hunter Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
Hi everyone,need a little info.I bought a savage model 93R17 used but in excellent condition,it has a heavy stainless barrel.The problem is about every 10 shots or so it will not eject the shell,i got to reach in with tweezers to get the shell out.I am using hornady ammo.This is a older savage and it does not have the new accu trigger on it.Is there anything that I can do??Thanks Joe

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hello, i am wondering if anyone has experienced primers blowind out where the firning pin hits on 17 HMR CCI full metal jacket ammo? I just bought a Henry Golden Boy in this caliber and when we fired it every half dozen shells or so I could feel stuff hiting my face. After dark we very safely fired into a dirt mound and experienced alot of sparks back by the hammer? On inspection of the spent casings you can see where the rim of the cartridge cracked open right where the firing pin makes contact. I could not get this to duplicate with federal ammo? I am going to contact CCI as well as Henry on monday but wondered if anyone else had any info on this or any suggestions for me? Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What should i expect to pay for a Marlin 17V? Also what should I expect to pay for a 2000 rd case of 17 ammo?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i want to buy a rifle/pistol in this caliber... expert suggestions plz
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was wondering if any manufacturers have ever made a 17HMR pistol. Since there is a 22 mag, I would have thought a 17 would be made too
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ANYBODY SHOOT ONE YET IN THE MARLIN OR THE SINGLE SHOT?WHEN WILL THEY BE MORE AVAILABLE ? I HATE TOO PAY A PREMIUM IF THEY ARE GOING TOO BE PLENTIFUL SOON.YOU THINK THE AMMO WILL COME DOWN?THANKS IN ADVANCE
    KEEP ON BANGIN BOYS ,DON
  • Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a 10/17 that I made myself. This rifle is much fun! Nine shots of hard hitting 17 HMR as fast as the trigger can be operated. Hits hard and accuracy is about 0.5 inches at 50 yards without effort with a Jarvis factory contour custom barrel.

Ruger_10_17.jpg

Ruger_17HMR.jpg

Several of my friends own Marlin 917s. These are real tack drivers with bull barrels and are great rifles. I like these a lot. See the link.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/17magnum/index.htm

Good luck with your selection!

bullitt_county_4199_small.jpg
    "If I don't see you nomore on this world, I'll meet you on the next one, and don't be late!" - Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    Ruger make their Single Six in 17 hmr
    I have had a Marlin bolt in 17 , nice shooting rifle , also had a NEF , it was ok , now have the CZ 452 america in 17hmr , really shoots nice looks good , has a detachable mag which is handy in my State
  • Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a CZ 452 american, on a calm day I can shoot half inch groups with no problem.