In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Case Parachutists

bill2740bill2740 Member Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2005 in Ask the Experts
I just bought a 'case parachutists indivdual weapons, M 1950'
FSN 8465-261-4995
Date of Mfr. May 1974
Condition 95%. Has both straps.
OAL 49 inches. M1 or M1A will fit.
Can antone tell me what is it worth?

Bill

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they still use those old packs for airborne jumps to carry 14's and stuff.
    surplus stores sell them here for about 5.00.
    who knows, maybe somone needs one real bad and will pay more for them. if so, i'll break out my 20 or so and stop using them to work under trucks with.[:p]

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction. NRA certified instructor.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Where can I buy them for 5 bucks each! I'll take a trucklo...no a damn TRAINLOAD!

WW2Guns005.jpg

"The Greatest Battle Implement Ever Devised!"
    -- Gen. George S. Patton
    referring to the M1 Garand
  • Options
    edited November -1
    we use to use them to pad mirrors on airborne heavy drops of trucks and jeeps. best use is for tripods today. used them as chafing pads for ch46 helo drops, to keep the ramp from getting dinged by bags.

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction. NRA certified instructor.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    bill2740bill2740 Member Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish there was a surplus store in central Florida selling the cases for $5.00 each, I would buy 20 more. These cases are padded and very heavy duty. A commercial heavy duty, padded case would cost about $80.00 to $100.00 or more.

Bill
  • Options
    edited November -1
    we used them to throw under tires to get vehicles out of mud. go to a military auction boneyard (DRMO) and buy a pallet of them! just curious, you bought one. what did you pay for it? answer: what you paid for it is what its worth. if youre asking us just to see if you got took or not, doesnt make sense. you just established the market when you handed the seller your money. your 1950 case is worth what you paid for it.[;)] if you were to ask what we'd pay for one, my answer would be...'i use them to work under trucks with.' if you say it should be compared to a good strong case worth 80 to 100.00, let me clean off the dirt off mine and sell you one at discount. say, 75.00? [:)]

Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    I'm verrrryyyy surprised you found one with the zipper still functioning(you did, right?)! The damned things always had f#$%@#d-up zippers!*LOL* If you paid $5 for it and get $5 worth of use out of it, what the hell! To compare it to a high dollar, quality rifle case is going a bit far, in my estimaton! They are thick and do hold up well, but as far as actually PROTECTING the firearm?