In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt 1911 or Government style on 9mm?

breechmanbreechman Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in Ask the Experts
Hi, some one is offering a Pistol 1911 style chambered for 9 Luger. It seems to be a real Colt though it doesn't have a mark on it, but what I am wondering if have in the past Colt made such pistols on 9mm? Thank you.

Breech

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello yes colt and many other makers have made 1911 type pistols in 9 MM. Are you saying there is no makers name on slide and / or frame? Are there any marks of any kind? To be a "legal" pistol it should have a serial and makers name.
  • Options
    breechmanbreechman Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you Perry, I have not seen it yet, this Monday I will....I was told by the seller this is a Colt but no place shows the brand. When I have it at my hands I'll tell...thank you.

Breech
  • Options
    notdownoroutnotdownorout Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    breechman,

I have a series 70 Colt Combat Commander in 9mm. It is stamped Colt Combat Commander on the right side of slide and has the rampant colt logo stamped on the left side of slide. I haven't seen one of these without the Colt name stamped on it. Could the slide have been replaced with some aftermarket part?
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep in mind some people that are naive to 1911's can think ALL 1911's are colts, just make sure you know before you buy, there are many fine manufactures of 1911's , and almost as many lousy manufacturers