In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger P90

dsoelterdsoelter Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
I looked at a ruger p90 45cal. for $405.00 good price or not and does this model have any quirks I should be aware of?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hey guys couple of questions starting off Holster.. wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction to find a leg holster for the P90.. i've been searching for eons it seems with no luck :-/.. secondly.. polishing her up a bit.. with a nice smooth surface it shows the little surface abuse.. wondering if you guys have any reccomendations on polishing one of these puppies up.. Suggestions would be greatly appericiated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have an opinion of the Ruger P90 pistol?
    dchristian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have a ruger p90 and also have a ruger p89 slide complete. Would like to find out if the p90 frame will accept the p89 slide will the frame take the p89 mag will the configuration work. Thanx
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I use a Fobus holster for my P90. I bought my P-90 used and it is very smooth. I polished the feed ramp as I do on almost all semi-auto pistols that I buy.
  • Options
    RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, no help with a leg holster. I have tried a dozen or more types of holsters hoping to find something that is comfortable and concealable. I'm still looking. The 90 is a large pistola and for me, anything other than a belt holster seems to get uncomfortable real quick.

I guess I'm wierd because I love the feel and performance of the P-90. Actually I have a KP-90DC version. Is yours a blued slide? If so, maybe a little bit of the product "flitz" on a soft cloth would help. There are several grades of flitz, make sure you get some fine enough so you don't destroy the finish. I used a scotch pad(red) on my stainless slide once to remove a scratch. The coated alloy receiver on mine is sort of a rough finish, not easy to polish.

Worry is the interest humans pay on the debt of miscalculation.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's stainless :-/.. so in direct sunlight it really shows those imperfections off.. but looks aern't everything i guess.. atleast it still shoots nice groups heh