In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does this package look legal?

boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=40796230

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.

Comments

• Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as you only have the stock on when you have the long barrel on, it should be fine. Additionally it would have needed to be classified as a "pistol" originally when it was made and sold. You can legally make the pistol version into a rifle, but if it came originally as a carbine (rifle), you CAN NOT legally make it into a pistol. It must only have the short barrel without the stock and it must have the long barrel with the stock attached.

The serial number or the nomenclature on the receiver should tell you whether it originally came as a rifle or as a pistol. If it originally cam as a rifle, no it is not legal with the pistol barrel on it with or without the stock.

LRARMSX
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lrarmsx
    As long as you only have the stock on when you have the long barrel on, it should be fine. Additionally it would have needed to be classified as a "pistol" originally when it was made and sold. You can legally make the pistol version into a rifle, but if it came originally as a carbine (rifle), you CAN NOT legally make it into a pistol. It must only have the short barrel without the stock and it must have the long barrel with the stock attached.

The serial number or the nomenclature on the receiver should tell you whether it originally came as a rifle or as a pistol. If it originally cam as a rifle, no it is not legal with the pistol barrel on it with or without the stock.

LRARMSX

Thanks lrarmsx, now let me ask, would it be fine with a folding/colapsable stock, as long as the carbine barrel was used?

Do you happen to have a link to an ATF letter that says it would be okay?

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by boeboe
    quote:Originally posted by lrarmsx

LRARMSX

Thanks lrarmsx, now let me ask, would it be fine with a folding/colapsible stock, as long as the carbine barrel was used?

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

• Options
    One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    Have you tried to contact the seller with your questions. he may be a good source of information in this matter.

"The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."
    Arthur Koestler, UK
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by One shot
    Have you tried to contact the seller with your questions. he may be a good source of information in this matter.

"The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."
    Arthur Koestler, UK

Yes, I have always tended to believe what a seller is saying, especially the used car guys! [;)]

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

• Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Well, one thing- paypal won't let you use their service to pay for guns.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
  • Options
    joel_blackjoel_black Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use PayPal all the time to both buy and sell guns.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you don't tell Pay Pal, how the Hell do they know what you're using it for? [:)]

Eagle_Guns.gif

When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  "My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."   ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have used paypal for lots of gun related stuff. The only problems with using Paypal for gun transfers:

1. You are contributing to an anti-gun system.
    2. Someone may report you for it, people have been banned for gun transfers using paypal(assume by an irate buyer?).
    3. If you do use paypal for firearms payment, and are unsatisfied, they will not support your efforts to claim restitution (but will probably ban the seller?).

These are things I have heard, I know #1 is true, not sure about the others....never happened to me.

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

• Options
    One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    I think the regulation you are curious about is the one that has sensetted. As far as the collapsable stock. Various states have thier own laws which can be a source of trouble. The ATF has a web site that you can visit to review the regulations. It can be vary conviluted and open to interpitation in some or a lot of instances.

Arthur Koestler, UK
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1