In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sightron scopes

SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
Anyone ever use one of these scopes? Are they a knockoff of something else? How are the optics as compared to Weaver, Redfield, Zeiss, Tasco, etc? I am thinking of trying one out but I never heard of them so any info would be great. They do not have cheap prices on them.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody have any experience with Sightron scopes?
    I myself am a died in the wool Leupold man but a Gunsmith friend of mine who builds real accurate rifles has told me some good things about them. Please respond if you have had any experiences with them good or bad and please let me know which model you had, whether it was an SI or and SII and what power.
    Thanks to all.........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone give me any real world information on these scopes? I went to their website but no prices and just the typical sales pitch. Where are they made? How do they compare to other popular brands for quality, price, durability, etc?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what does everyone think of the sightron line of scopes ?was at my favorite gun store today and they have them for 30% off. are they comparible too the nikons or the burris ?thanks ,keep on bangin boys ,don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What can you guys tell me how the Sightron II Scopes? Do they compare to a Weaver Grands Slam and a Leupold VX2? Are the Sightrons as good of a scope as these, and how is the companies warranty record? Good or bad experiences welcome. Oh, and it will be mounted on a 8mm Rem. Mag., but they should all hold up to that little bit of abuse. [:D]

Thanks in advance

Ivan

Death by projectile
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have experience with Sightron scopes?I am looking at a S-1 3x9x40 to put on one of my hunting rifles.I have read good things about them and from what I understand they are one of the most durable scopes on the market.Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are Sightron scopes decent pieces of equipment?

Do they compare to Leupold or Burris?

". . . let me forget about today until tomorrow"
  • Options
    hotshot18hotshot18 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have hunted with a SI 3.5x10x50 for the past 4 years.
    Have really enjoyed it. Have had no problems what so ever.
    I have sold several over the years as well, and my
    customers have had no complaints either. I would highly
    recommend the Sightrons. I believe that if you try one,
    you too will be very satisfied.

hotshot18
  • Options
    The Load RoomThe Load Room Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I currently own 5 Leupold's (prefered),1 Nikon,1 Springfeild and 2 Sightron's, they have very good clear optics!. The first is fixed 6x42 SII plex reticle $180 and was on a Browning BAR Safari II 300 Win Mag with the boss system, it shot several hundred rounds without a hitch and it is now on a Winchester M-94/22 going strong and squirrels are dead out to 125 yds with it. The second one is on a Remington 700 BDL 25-06, it is also the S2, Tactical 4-16x 42mm Adjustable Objective Mil-Dot Reticle Matte $350.00, elevation and windage have given me great performanc and the mildot system is great! The quality/clearity of the glass on these two are great for the price, Leupolds prices for there VX 3's has got me looking elseware for glass now. Nikon and Sightron are currently the most appealing to me for price/ glass quality.[;)] TLR

TLR
    07.jpg

"Yeah but will it hold up in court?"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey "Load room" I too am being displaced somewhat by the ever increasing price of the Leupold VX III's and was thinking of a substitute if there is such a thing as a substitute for Leupolds. Just curious Hot Shot and Load room what is the difference between the SI and SII's ? What level of Leupolds would their glass compare to? SI's to VX I's and SII's to VXII's?
    Thanks
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I "hear" they are assembled in the leupold factory. That being said,..my leupolds have been sold for Burris scopes and my MK IV's have been replaced by Nightforce NXS's. Never looked back,..no regrets.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two Sightrons both SII, I think. One is a 4X and the other is a 6X. I really like them and both were bought used. I have to agree that Burris gives you the most bang for a buck.

J. Patrick Tatum
  • Options
    The Load RoomThe Load Room Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Snellstrom
    Hey "Load room" I too am being displaced somewhat by the ever increasing price of the Leupold VX III's and was thinking of a substitute if there is such a thing as a substitute for Leupolds. Just curious Hot Shot and Load room what is the difference between the SI and SII's ? What level of Leupolds would their glass compare to? SI's to VX I's and SII's to VXII's?
    Thanks

It appears that you summed it up as I would have but I do not have actual facts to verify it just field obs. So far I'm impressed with the Sightrons for price/optical quality, no experience with Burris.

07.jpg

"Yeah but will it hold up in court?" TLR
  • Options
    hotshot18hotshot18 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too have had the Burris scopes. However, my experience was not
    as favorable. Still perfer the Sightrons. For glass quality and
    eye relief the Sightrons are hard to beat for the money.