In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NCSHP 60th Anniversary 9mm

recon2161recon2161 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
Any thoughts on the current value of a NCSHP 1989 60th Aniv. 9mm?

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never heard of it, & have no idea what it is. I suspect that you will have a difficult time finding anyone who has. That's because it is a "special edition"; a few hundred were special-ordered by an organization, & they weren't sold through all distributors.

Your best bet is to look up the "plain" version of the same gun in mint condition, & figure that your gun would sell for just about the same amount.

Neal
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I assume you're talking about the North Carolina State Highway Patrol and not the North Carolina Society of Hispanic Professionals!

In any event, you've told us absolutely nothing about the gun, not even the manufacturer or model (9mm WHAT?), so how can anyone give you any information...hmmmm?

-Spider spider2.gif
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    The biggest problem with commemoratives is as soon as they're fired, their value diminishes to a common used gun regardless of the issue price. Current value depends on who wants it since it was specifically manufactured to honor the NC Highway Patrol which severely limits potential buyers who want to stick it in the safe and hope it goes up in value. Unfortunately, many commemoratives do just the opposite as any Winchester or Colt commemorative collector can tell you. Value to a Beretta or commemorative collector may be in the $600 range, similar to the "United We Stand" commemorative 92F, while an active or retired NC Trooper may pay more because of LEO connection and non-LEO may offer less. It really depends on what it's worth to the individual buyer.

Sorry I couldn't offer more but maybe someone else can.

-Spider spider2.gif