In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Semi-automatic shotguns

lambo2284lambo2284 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
I am interested in purchasing an affordable semi-automatic shotgun for crow hunting and pheasant hunting. How do the Mossberg 9200 or Mossberg 930 handle light "low brass" 7's and 8's? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a 9200 Mossburg and it has not jammed since I bought it new about 10 years ago. It cycles low power bird shot and high power buckshot loads. I'm not familiar with the model 930.

"They call me Don. Dr. Jason Donald Dalinger."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DONDALINGER
    I've got a 9200 Mossburg and it has not jammed since I bought it new about 10 years ago. It cycles low power bird shot and high power buckshot loads. I'm not familiar with the model 930.

"They call me Don. Dr. Jason Donald Dalinger."

Thanks for the information.
    lambo2284
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    my 1187 is nice but a bit on the heavy side. My buddy has a Browning and it is light and has better balance.

NRA Life Member
    DE & PA CCW Permit Holder
    All around gun lover...
  • Options
    John ZoellickJohn Zoellick Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 9200,Ive shot skeet with it using a 28" VR barrel and target loads.1st shotgun I ever bought.A lot of my friends 1st was a Mossberg.Mossberg will stand behind their product also.
    I think the 930 is a reincarnation of the 9200.
    You can buy the 500 models pretty resonable also if you want a pump.

"* ER DONE"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input.