In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Probably a stupid question....

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
But I have to ask because I don't know. Can I put (will it fit and function correctly) my Bushmaster XME15 upper on my Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol lower?

I know I cant legally use the pistol version upper on the rifle lower but would it work?

Also the bolts are different in that the pistol bolt does not have the rear end say 2" of the carrier, if the rifle upper was on the pistol lower you would have to use the bolt for the rifle upper?

Sorry for being a dummy but I don't know and I know some of you guys do :)
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• knightriderknightrider Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK there is no stupid questions, just stupid anti-gun lobbyist. As for your question, I don't think it would work due to the fact that the lower mag well is a 9mm and not a .233/5.65.
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he didn't say what cal it was.
    the parts should mate and function, but I would expect much accelerated wear on the composite half would be my guess
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It wont work........ When you put the Bushmaster rifle upper on the Carbon 15 pistol lower, the rear takedown pin hole does not align properly for the pin to go through.

It wont work the other way either, ie, pistol upper on a rifle lower.