In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CZ-82 FFL03 Yes/No/Sometimes

gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
Some 'wholesale' outfits sold CZ-82's, LNIB, to C&R holders .
The same outfit requires FFL01 now.

Were there SOME that were date-valid and others that are not ?
Was it a 'mistake' that they did not catch for a couple months ?
Anyone know ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The CZ 82 in original configuration is listed on the BATFE C&R list- without regard to age. Some may have been modified (sight maybe?) from the original configuration.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a similar situation with the Tok TT-33; in this case, the importer is apparently being required to replace the safety. And now, there are differences in who/what/when is considered a C&R since it may or may not be considered to be in "original issue" configuration.

We are at the mercy of the distributor/importer of a specific batch of guns.

Neal
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SOG has both FFL03

I just got my CZ-82 and I am going to get another one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chaoslodge
    SOG has both FFL03

I got another one and it is a beauty

peachstate guns this time. Still C&R for around $200 with shipping.
  • Options
    jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with you on this- although you are quite rude to people here sometimes[;)]. CZ-82 is a decent pistol for the price- it is cheap and reliable. It comes with 12 round mags- if you want more the cheapest mags I have seen are $30 each. Ammo is about $10-$12 for fifty rounds. This is a decent carry pistol too. Also- the Romanian Tokarev is a great deal - 8 round mags, powerful caliber, extra mags as cheap as $7 and cans of ammo are cheap. Consider that pistol also.quote:Originally posted by chaoslodge
    SOG has both FFL03

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a CZ 52 as well. Great gun, powerful and cheap surplus ammo. I also have the 9mm barrel which creates feed issues sometimes but not enough to be a problem as it is used for plinking only in that configuration.

With the 82 I am having great success trimming down 9mm luger brass and loading it. Very inexpensive that way and there are plenty of projectiles out there.

(I am rude only in politics by the way [:D])
  • Options
    jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you like cheap surplus handguns that work reliably check out the P-64, PA-63, AB-7, and CZ-70. Can't go wrong with the price of these pistols. I also have two CZ-52's in chrome finish and original parkerized. finishquote:Originally posted by chaoslodge
    I have a CZ 52 as well. Great gun, powerful and cheap surplus ammo. I also have the 9mm barrel which creates feed issues sometimes but not enough to be a problem as it is used for plinking only in that configuration.

With the 82 I am having great success trimming down 9mm luger brass and loading it. Very inexpensive that way and there are plenty of projectiles out there.

(I am rude only in politics by the way [:D])
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A PA-64 or 63 is next on the list.