In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Art Phelps' Book on Merwin Hulbert

aldo35aldo35 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
edited July 2013 in Ask the Experts
Hello,

If any of our members have a copy of Art Phelps book " The Story of Merwin Hulbert & Co Firearms" I would appreciate communicating with them to determine if there is a reference to 4th model SA Pocket Army pistol. This book is out of print and the only copies for sale on the internet are very pricey.

Aldo35

Comments

• Options
    gartmangartman Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the book, what did you need to know?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello,

Thank you for responding. I have a 4th model single action pocket army pistol in caliber Winchester 1873. It is blue with walnut grips. I am trying find out more info about this pistol. Does Phelps reference this model in his book? If so would you be willing to copy the page with this reference mail it to me I would be glad to reimburse you for your effort.

My e-mail address is jkent68@comcast.net.

Joe Kent ( Aldo35)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Info is spread out over several pages and print goes down into the spine so difficult to copy. Says they came in 3 1/2, 5 1/2, and 7 1/2" barrel lengths with both the short and long lengths being rare. Blue guns are rare and he does not mention wood grips in this model. He does say they were special order on the earlier army size guns. Hope this helps and hope the blue and wood grips are original.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Phelps estimates only 5% of production was blues.