In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sako L46

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in Ask the Experts
I have a couple of Marlin rifles in .222 Remington that are built on these actions. Sears and H&R used this action, too and I wouldn't be surprised if Wards and Western Auto sold some as well. Sako .222 rifles seem to be quite common. I run across them quite often at gun shows and on the auction side here. I have even seen a few in .222 Magnum (LF has one up for sale, now). The early L46's were chambered in 7x33mm and then in .22 Hornet and .218 Bee. I have never seen one in Hornet or Bee, let alone 7x33. I would think they would be great for these small cartridges. Anybody have one?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ran across one for sale many moons ago, in 7.62 X 39. Does that count? It was in great shape, and looked factory to me. Not something bubba whipped up in his garage.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rufe,
    Was that an L46 (with the detachable magazine) or a 461 or 469?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ambrose
    Rufe,
    Was that an L46 (with the detachable magazine) or a 461 or 469?

I don't recall, it was so many years ago? During that time my main interest was in military guns. Never had seen any commercial rifles, chambered for the Russian military cartridge. This was years before all the SKS's from China, were imported. The ammo was even hard to come by back then, not like nowadays. It just stuck in my mind, because I never knew that sporting rifles had been chambered for the 7.62 X 39?
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had an L46 years ago in Hornet. Kept the stock and put it on a 461 .222. Someday I may regret having swapped stocks, but I love the new combo and doubt I'll be letting it go.