In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scope rings for CZ550 American

guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in Ask the Experts
I have a CZ550 in 6.5x55 that came, from the factory, with high rings. They are too high for me to get a consistant cheek weld without padding the stock.

Scope is a Burris Fullfield II, 3-9x40.

All I can find, through internet searches, is high and medium rings. Medium are 1/4" lower. There will be plenty of clearance from the barrel and to work the bolt to use the medium rings.

Does anyone make low rings for the CZ550?

I am wondering if there is a bolt handle clearance problem with low rings.

Looking for advice before I spend good money on something that won't work for me.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a sight from CZ USA in Kansas City. Get their phone number on Google. If their online site doesn't list various heights of rings, give them a call about ordering them from the Czech Republic.

Also make contact with the customer service folks at Brownells. They might also have the various sizes for the CZ rifles in stock.

From your description. It sounds to me that they don't carry the low rings because there wouldn't be enough clearance for scopes with the larger diameter tubes.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talley and Warne both make low QD rings for the CZ550.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alaska Arms makes low, medium and high rings for the CZ 550.

http://www.alaskaarmsllc.com/CZ-Ring-Set/b/6386346011?ie=UTF8&title=CZ+Ring+Set

BTW, if you don't care for the present CZ trigger Cabelas has Rifle Basix replacement on sale for $28.99. I have a bunch of 550s and 527s and the factory trigger is very nicely adjustable. But due to the "single set" function the trigger uses a two piece design and feels a bit mushy when used in non-set mode. I picked up two of the Basix and it's much better. I don't miss the singel set option.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I figured calling CZ USA might be my best bet.

Thank you all.