In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta stainless mag

hitmanhitman Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know if beretta makes a stainless .40 call mag for the model 96.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually Beretta never made Stainless magazines for their model 92 series gun. If you check, what is refered to as "stainless" is in fact just a finish. Even Beretta themselves called them stainless, but they are more like a hard chrome finish. I do have some of the light gray Parkerized type finished Beretta factory mags for the 96 series. These are not the standard dark gray, black, or matte blued finish. The ones I have are actually a light gray, not as silver as the "stainless" mags, but more like the NP3 coated ones. These are new, no package, they were originally a government contract factory Beretta magazine. I do also have some of the Nickel finished mags made by the Beretta owned company that makes their mags, these too are new. To my surprise, I have recently found that MecGar is not the "factory" supplier of magazines for Beretta. There is in fact another company that Beretta themselves own that makes magazines for them. To support this, compare a current 10rd Beretta 92 factory mag with a current MecGar 10rd magazine. You'll see they have been restricted to 10 rds in a completely different way, from one to the other.

MecGar did in fact make a real pre-ban stainless magazine for the 92, but not the 96. Today, MecGar offers nickel and blued magazines for the various models, the stainless have been discontinued.

LRARMSX@MCHSI.COM