In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun's worth, was Grandfathers

ZorkioZorkio Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
I am buying this gun from my brother who got it when my Grandfather past away and we are wondering on its approximate worth. Here is the information written on the barral of the gun.

J stevens arms company Model
chicopee falls mass. usa 38-B
410 bore proof tested

21/2 & 3 in. shells Ranger

It is a Bolt action rifle, and has a clip that holds what i would guess to be 3 or 4 shots.
thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sadly, this gun and most like will never realize over $100.00 if sold. even one in "new in box" condition would bring less then $200.00. that is not to say the gun is not a solid field piece, but the gun is probably worth more to you in terms of family history. my condolances on your grandfather. i would keep the piece and use it to introduce the next generation of your family to shooting.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The price range on that weapon is from $125.00 in excelent shape down to $35.00 in poor shape, hope this helps.
  • Options
    treedawgtreedawg Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    where did you guys get this info? i couldn't find any info on this model in my blue book. i agree with the previous replys on value based on info that i found on other j. stevens models.

Edited by - treedawg on 06/27/2002 23:56:26