In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of a near mint 28ga wingmaster

JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have one with less than 1 box of shells through it. Beautiful blueing and wood. Anyone have an idea of it's value?

A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello JustC

The row of counties across the top of Florida and the bottom row of counties in Alabama and Georgia are quail country ---- at least what there is left of it. Here a 28 gauge in any action commands a premium.

The wingmaster in 28 and .410 were discontinued in 1994 and then "reintroduced" in 1999. The "reintroduced" 28 gauges had RemChokes, the .410 did not.

What the "books" say they are worth, and what they actually sell for are two different things entirely, especially 28 gauges and depending on where you are. As stated -- here 28 gauges bring a premium -- in northern Wisconsin -- where I have never been -- you might not be able to give them away. For example the "books" say that an 11-48 in NEW condition should be $350. Yeah Right!!!!! --- I have several 11-48's in 28 gauge --- just shooters --- NOT pristine condition and I didn't get a one of them for less than $500.

Here a "pre or 1994" without RemChokes would go for $350-$375. A "reintroduced" one with RemChokes would go for $450-$475.

I have no idea what that might translate to where you are.

Best Regards
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree I dont think this one is for the books.It could be worth far more than the B Book says. AS they werent to many of the 28gas floating around.

Good Luck.

Rugster
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is an original issue, with the chrome feedramp, and I beleive the bird is embosed on the pistol grip. It really is a pretty gun, but I have a hankering for a new varmint rifle, so I was thinking of auctioning it or selling. Thanks for the input guys.

A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.