In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tasco Warranty - FYI

74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
TASCO begins Asset Liquidation.... Tasco has started to liquadate its assets as a result of defaulting on its credit facility, which stands at $30 Million. After almost 50 years, Tasco is closing it's doors. All Tasco warranty has now ceased, so to get yours fixed you can contact ABO (USA), as they will repair them and return the scope to you in most cases for only $23! Send scope to ABO (USE) Inc., 2653 NW 20th Street, Miami FL. 33142-7105.

"In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"

Comments

• Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the information,I had heard that they were closing shop.Kind of hate it,I used them alot on Rimfire rifles.

Rugster
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Damn that stinks. I always found Tasco to be as accurate as the more expensive competitors.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    74cuda,
    I think that when you check with ABO that you'll find that the $23.00/26.00 covers only the assessment of trouble or damage. It is being reported that parts and repair can exceed what some of us have paid for the scope in the first place.
  • Options
    PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you suppose there will be some real good deals on Tasco's now?
    Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."
  • Options
    74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nononsense,

I am just passing on the info that I got. I don't do Tasco, as I feel that you get what you pay for in optics.

"In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    74cuda,
    As was I.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello 74cuda

Many -- Many Thanks for the information:

I have a bunch of "Tasco" scopes. "Knock On Wood", I have NEVER had to send one back for repairs, but it is nice to know where to do that if I ever have the need.

I am saddened that they have gone under. I hope that someone who is really goooooooooood picks up the "Celestron" portion of their business. The best "SKY" optics that I have ever used. Their telescopes for night-time star/planet observation are the very best that I have ever used.

Best Regards