In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Factory refurbished Glocks?

rewirerog2rewirerog2 Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
What are factor refurbished Glocks? There seem to be an awful lot of them around lately. My local dealer has several, says they're retired service pieces that are sent back to Glock for a new spring, barrel if needed, etc. The one I'm looking at has nite sites installed. Price looks pretty good on the 22. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a lot of them around because many police depts have traded in their 9mm's for .40's and .45's. Glock supposedly replaces every questionable part when they rebuild them, and they should perform like new. It's a good deal for the PD, since they often get a trade-in that's close to the cost of new weapons, so even depts with .40's often find it makes sense to get newer ones. Of course, the legal, unmarked hi-cap mags that are usually traded-in by the PD help to sweeten the deal. I'm willing to bet that your dealer is not including the hi-caps that undoubtedly were with the guns originally.

I would think that $250-300 would be a fair price for a well-used Glock, but the prices I see are a lot higher. If I'm going to pay at least $400 for a working gun, I'm going to get a new one.

Neal
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They go through the same inspection line as the new ones. I have a 17 Hi Cap reworked. Got it with two HC mags.

The most important things, Are not things.
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Check with them about a warranty- this will affect the price.
  • Options
    rewirerog2rewirerog2 Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're right about the hi-cap mags, these only come with 10 round mags. This being Maryland, Glock can't ship them back here with hi-caps. Or so my dealer says. Aside from a little holster wear, they look ok. Barrel and spring are new. Don't know about the warranty yet, will have to ask.

Thanks, Roger
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    rewirerog2: I purchased a reworked model 22 several years ago it came with nitesights and one 15 round drop free mag for $400, I have had no problems with it at all, none and it spends a lot of time in my truck or brief case, I would think if the one you are looking at only comes with a 10 round mag it should be in the lower $300 range,, if you buy hi-cap mags for it make sure you get the drop free ones