In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Deer deterrent (suggestions ?)

spclarkspclark Member Posts: 408
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
Please look to my query on The General Discussions forum re: Deer deterrent (non-lethal, please)

Comments

• Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Human hair will deter deer with about 100% results.

Good Luck

Rugster
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is an apple orchard near me that's fenced in and every so many feet along the fence hangs a small hotel size bar of ivory soap still in it's wrapper in an onion bag.the orchard owner says they keep the deer away ??? rugster is right they also use human hair in some type of bag hanging in the apple trees.

ATF

Edited by - ATF on 06/28/2002 17:51:52
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    This is no joke!! Heard of a guy last year who had his closest friends and neighbors pee in pots and he collected the stuff and spread it around the perimeter of his fields!! He used a sprayer on a 4-wheeler!! I'll just shoot the damn things before I collect your pee!!! GHD P.S. I raise alfalfa and on any given night can see 6-26 deer from the deck!! Yea I could get a permit to shoot them!! I have a hard time busting and old doe in the fall much less shooting them with twins suckling!!!!! GHD
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Deer don't mess with garlic plants and stay away.
  • Options
    bigdog1bigdog1 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto with the human hair. I've been told by a farmer that I know that it works as well, or better than, anything else that he has used, including propane cannons....