In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

22 rifle

gknivesgknives Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
edited August 2013 in Ask the Experts
All I can read on this gun is: J.Stevens A&T Co. Chicopee Falls, Mass. USA On the rear part of the barrel it says: ???NS-MAYNARD JR 22-LONG RIFLE This rifle is a lever action type gun, you pull the lever down and the gun hinges open to load. You put the shell in pull lever up to close and it has a hammer for firing. Octagon barrel. Can you give me any insight on this gun. Is it an early "Favorite" ?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was wondering if you could tell me whata Legacy by Daisy 22 bolt action rifle wouldbe worth? all black larry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a 22 pump looks like a youth size and the "only" marking i can find are a Marble's rear ramp sight and on the rear tang of the receiver the the letters s X 458 and a layed on it's side small 3.
    Any help identifying the rifle , what it will shoot and the manufacturer will be appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    any know where to get parts for a lewis-page sharpshooter, looks a lot like steves favorite
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm very fond of Marlin's Model 39 lever action 22.
    I've got the one my Dad gave me used over 40 years ago, and I bought one a few years back for my boys to use.

On his 16th Christmas, my youngest wanted a Ruger 10/22, which I got for him.

Other than that I have no experience with other 22 rifles.

I'm looking to close my 50 yd groups, and I may scope the recent Marlin (already tapped) to help my old eyes shoot better groups.

I'm asking for other suggestions that won't bust $ 300.00.
    ....I'm listening !

EDIT
    Thanks for the replies. I'll be scoping the newer Marlin 39. Usually I'm open for a reason to buy another firearm, but Hurricane Gustav put 20K+ on my back...I had to borrow from my Bro-n-law.
    I don't hold much hope in the compassion of the insurance adjuster..I'll be dancing naked if I get half back.
    Thanks again
  • Options
    260260 Member Posts: 1,134
    edited November -1
    you mite try gun parts corp, jack first, western gun parts.