In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger #1 DOM & trigger adjustment?

litetriggerlitetrigger Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
edited August 2013 in Ask the Experts
Just got a nice used Ruger #1 in 218 Bee. #13292736 anyone know what year this was made? Also I see two adjustments in the trigger area. I don't want to mess with these until I know what they are. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At the company site, Ruger.com go to customer service and you can look up the serial number and download the owner's manual.
  • Options
    Jim RehmJim Rehm Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The front screw is the trigger stop screw. The rear screw is the trigger spring adjustment screw and controls trigger pull weight. If your rifle is early enough it will have a third screw that controls sear engagement. This screw was eliminated by the lawyers for liability reasons. If you are lucky enough to have the third screw, the # 1 can be adjusted to a great trigger pull. You must remove the butt stock to access the third screw.
  • Options
    litetriggerlitetrigger Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. got a nice trigger now.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also, a "pre-79" No 1 trigger can easily be fitted to a new No 1. It's an "almost drop in" effort with some light file work (maybe) required to allow for operation of the safety. I picked up a new model 220 Swift and was fortunate enough to grab the last trigger Numrich had in stock at the time. Very much worth the effort and under $10.00 IIRC. I added a Moulds hammer, a little "wet 'n dry" paper on the sear and the trigger is excellent.