In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

25 auto

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in Ask the Experts
Need help identifying a 25 auto pistol. On the left side of the slide it has PISTOLET AUTOMATIQUE TRIOMPHE and below that is ACIER COMPRIME. Towards the front of the slide in small letters is Spain. I am kind of a dinosaur and have no way to post pictures. Any help is appreciated. Terrill

Comments

• 338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I inherited this pistol from my Grandfather. The Barrel is marked: Fabrique D'Armes p Delu. The Grips hav CFD in a circle. They appear to be hard rubber. It's .25 semi-Auto similar looking to the Baby Browning. Does anyone have a clue what this is worth?
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Triomphe was one of dozens of Spanish copies of the Browning autos. They were made from before WW I until General Franco pushed the small companies into mergers or closing in an effort to improve the image of Spanish gunmaking.

The Triomphe was made by Apaolozo Hermanos of Zumorraga, Spain.

Acier Comprime simply means made of steel... in French.
    That and the French sounding name were likely to confuse the buyer because Spanish guns had a poor reputation.

There is also a Triomphe Francais, made on the other side of the border.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Value would depend on factory originallity and cosmetics. Generally the small Spanish autos don't command a lot of money from collectors. Although some folks do collect them, do to their many different manufacturers and variations.

Back in their commercial heyday in the 1920's, they were imported in great quantities. As they could be sold for less than $10 through mail order.

They had so many functioning and safety problems, due to inferior materials and workmanship. That the Spanish government finally required government inspection for safety and functionally, starting in the mid 20's. If yours has Spanish dated proof marks, it would date to after, and be of better quality.
  • 338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Answers all my questions thanks to you all. Terrill