In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

K-22 Outdoorsman cylinder

dhallz71dhallz71 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
edited September 2013 in Ask the Experts
I have an Outdoorsman that a previous owner ran a drill through the chambers, trying to make a magnum out of it. Is there anyone that can "sleeve" the chambers back to 22 specs?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sad. Have you ask S&W about a new cylinder? I think it could be done but if you need to pay someone to do it will not be cheap.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check with Bowen Classic Arms, Louisville, TN. They may either be able to manufacture a new one for you, or possibly modify a M17 cylinder to fit. But, since S&W changed the design of all of their revolver bushings, I suspect you will need a new one.

First, check with Gun Parts Corp, you might get lucky.

Neal
  • Options
    andeanincandeaninc Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact Smith and Wesson about having them fit a new cylinder to it. You'll know it is done right. They have the cylinders in stock and you won't need to hunt all over the country for a "needle in a haystack."
  • Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thought the "Outdoorsman was an "N"-frame .38 Special with Micro sights
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see why you cannot sleeve the cylinder.
    It has to be done by a good man using inserts made from center fire steel 22 barrels. You don't know how close to center Bubba rechambered
    the cylinder.This is a target gun so you want a good job.
    It'probably a better idea to sell the cylinder to someone who wants a 22CF conversion and try S&W for a new cylinder.
    Note the extractor modified for 22Mag will be too large for 22lr.