In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger Stock

PiadeaPiadea Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
I'd like to replace the butt ugly factory synthetic stock on my Ruger 77-22 with either wood or a more pleasing synthetic. Who sells one. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• PiadeaPiadea Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ruger

I bought some ruger stock (rgr) the other day mostly for the dividens.

I then checked the message board on yahoo to see what everone thought.

It seems No on the board wants to talk about anything except, World goverment, Slaves, and how smart shadow is. If any of you guys have any thoughts I would love to hear them. I own and love Rugers but this message board scares the * out of me. Don't wan't to loose my money.

Shot my ruger mark II today (old but still shoots). But having money invested in a stock with a message board like this gives me the willies.

If old Bill could hear and see the message board on yahoo he might do somthing himself.

Me I just got money invested into somthing that I Can't understand.

Read the board for youself, then explain it to me.......PLEASE
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.midwayusa.com/online/prodsearch.exe/products
    enter: ruger 77 stock
    They list 15 for the model 77 but only 2 of them are for the 77/22.
    They are very pricy at nearly $200.
  • TheguncounterkidTheguncounterkid Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    here are some decent wood/lam stocks for $99 up:
    http://www.reamerrentals.com/elkridge2.htm
    as for synthetic im still looking as well...
    wish Bell and Carlson would hurry up..
    -Kid
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies. Like you Kid, I've been waiting for a good synthetic from someone but can't find one anywhere. I think part of the problem is the trigger guard is part of the Ruger stock. I wonder if you can add a metal one from a wood stocked 77/22? Has anyone tried this.
    edited November -1
    By the way the Midway stock is Volquartsen which is a good product but is for bull barrels only. It won't fit the factory barrel.